Welcome to Drystal’s website!¶
What is Drystal?¶
Drystal is a Lua 2D game engine. It is free and open-source.
You can find a game made with Drystal here. It has been made in 48h during a Ludum Dare.
- Window creation: hide cursor and relative mode
- User events: keyboard, mouse
- Textures: load various formats, render to texture support, ability to apply transformations (rotation, resizes)
- Drawing primitives: lines, triangles, rectangles (filled or not), circles and polygons
- Audio support: multiple musics, multiple sounds at once, loadable from file or from lua-generated buffers
- Shader support: GLSL and post processing effect facilities
Some additional modules:
- Font: loads .ttf files and render. Using the given syntax, you can highlight words with color/size change.
- Web: adds a wget function to download content (ex: download sounds if needed) or run JS code
- Physics: uses Box2D to compute physics simulation (not a one-to-one binding)
- Particle systems to easily improve the game aspect
- Storage to save/load games (even in browser)
If you are having trouble using Drystal, please let us know. We have a mailing list located at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/drystal
Drystal is licensed under LGPLv3 license.
The external/ folder contains third-party libraries:
- stb_vorbis.c, stb_image.c and stb_truetype.c which are in the public domain
- lua/ which is under the MIT License
- box2d/ which is under the zlib License
- lua-cjson/ which is under the MIT License
- wavloader.c which is in the public domain
- miniz.c which is in the public domain